The situation in South America began to rapidly deteriorate at the beginning of April. This is when we organised our first round of emergency food parcels.
We have calculated the costs of continuing these vital food parcels, please see below:
- We are providing 27 food parcels in Lima and 7 in the provinces.
- These parcels are feeding a total of approximately 130 people.
- The cost per round is $760 USD.
- We need to send 3 rounds of food parcels per month.
- We are providing 12 food parcels to various communities across Ecuador.
- These parcels are feeding a total of approximately 48 people.
- The cost per round is $600 USD.
- We need to send 2 rounds of food parcels per month.
We are, therefore, looking to raise approximately $3500 per month to supply these food parcels.
It is worth noting, that the approximate number of people being fed by each of these food parcels is far lower than the real number. Our artisans have been generously dividing these parcels between their wider community as best as they can.